Finding the best softball glove is not an easy task. The choice depends on many different things such as the position you play, the level you play at, your age and your hand size. No two softball players are the same which makes this task even more difficult. Although we can’t provide you with reviews on every single softball glove used in 2016, we have provided you with what we feel is the top resource when it comes to finding the best softball gloves around. Simply click on the following links to begin your search.
What are the best gloves right now for 2016?
In 2016, there are three main softball gloves that seem to be “in a league of their own”. Click on the links below to see a quick review of why we feel they are so good:
Our top choice for all position players is the Worth Toxic Lite which is available in 13”, 13.5”, and 14” glove sizes. What makes this glove so good? For starters it is one of the lightest gloves available which makes a huge difference on a player. With a lighter glove, you can react quicker and not be weighed down by a bulky uncomfortable thing hanging from around your wrist. Although this glove is used by more competitive level players, the price tag allows just about anyone (even casual players) to easily own it and enjoy the benefits. Some of the other top features include:
- Full grain leather lining and laces for even more durability and strength
- Use of Worth’s Pro Mesh backing for quick break in and lighter weight
- Increased palm padding
If you play first base, you know that there are many things you need to do differently than everyone else on the field. Because the position is so unique, you also need a glove to fit the rigors of your position. As far as 1st base gloves go, for we feel like the Easton SVS 3 Salvo is the way to go. Some of the reasons why include:
- Great brand name – let’s face it there are not many better than Easton
- Tremendous value – the glove is middle of the road in terms of cost
- Lightweight, game-ready, and a larger pocket tailored for the position
- Adjustable strap to provide a custom fit to every player
- Extra protection in the palm area
We feel that the Salvo SVS 3 should be considered the best valued glove on the market and would make an excellent companion for any player playing first base.
Ahhh the catcher, arguably the most unique position in all of softball (let alone any sport). In all seriousness however, playing behind the plate presents many unique challenges that are not experienced by other positions. Not only will you be catching the ball the most during any given game, but you are also expected not to drop the ball in any circumstance. The Worth Liberty Advanced Series catchers mitt has been one of the most sought after gloves for players that want to crouch behind home plate. Although more expensive than the average catchers mitt, we feel the extra features included will knock your socks off. The things we like about the Liberty Series include:
- Comfort – made from comfortable leather on the inside and outside, many players believe Liberty gloves provide a unique and great feel
- Durability – something that many like about the Liberty series is its ability to keep the same shape after multiple seasons. Using strong material for laces allows for the shape and glove to be as durable as possible
- More protection – Brand new for the Advanced Series, a new PORON XRD palm padding has been added to keep your hands protected while absorbing impact from even the highest of speeds.
This last glove is dedicated to youth softball players who are approximately 10 and under. The important thing to consider when purchasing a youth softball glove is that you are more than likely still growing. You certainly don’t want to pick up an expensive glove only to have it not fit next season. That is where the Mizuno Prospect Series comes in. This glove has been designed to help younger players learn the game properly in that it aids in teaching proper technique that coaches are constantly talking about. Using Power Close, when a player catches the ball, the glove is actually designed to help perform that last “closing” action for you. Now you can really impress your coach! Other great features include:
- Wider pocket so there is more area to catch the ball
- Better palm lining to reduce sting and soreness
- Closed back so it can be used for any position around the field (very important for youth softball)
View gloves by Position and Age
First and foremost, the easiest way to first start your search is to look into our top choices by position and age.
Softball Gloves Brands
Our website also breaks down the top gloves available from the best softball brands on the planet. Simply click on the links below to see our choices broken down by specific brand.
We hope that you enjoy your stay on our new website. Do you have any better ideas when it comes to choices of the best softball gloves? If so, do not hesitate to let us know by using our Contact form or by leaving a comment below. Thanks again for stopping by!