Brand new for the 2015 season, the Demarini CF7 Fastpitch softball bat is quickly looking like one of the best of all time. Although its predecessor (the CF6) is still one of the top sold bats, the CF7 has made even more improvements to take your game even further than before. For fastpitch players we feel that the CF7 offers the perfect blend of power, comfort, and balance. For 2015, it is available in the following models depending on whether you are looking for a lighter or heavier swing:
- DXCF8 (-8 drop)
- DXCFF (-9 drop)
- DXCFP (-10 drop)
- DXCFS (-11 drop for youth players)
Main Features of the 2014 CF7
As mentioned earlier, the CF7 could end up being one of the best bats of all-time. Whenever you improve an already good thing by adding even more features to the fold, you have as true winner. Some of these features include:
- Paradox composite barrel: Demarini has developed and applied a new Paradox composite throughout the barrel. This new material allows for the barrel to become stronger to give you an even larger and responsive sweet spot.
- Paradox handle: The use of paradox composite in the handle allows for more of a stiff feeling allowing you to feel the sweet spot much easier than before.
- Double walls: To get even more high performance, Demarini has added a double wall construction to the fold. This allows for more of a trampoline effect to occur which in turn enhances your ability to take the ball deep with more ease.
- Hot out of the wrapper: This bat is ready to be used right away. The aforementioned Paradox composite allows for minimal break-in time so you can swing it right away.
- Balanced swing: Using the Clutch end cap, the CF7 provides a nice smooth consistent swing each and every time. For those looking for more of an end loaded bat, take a look at the Insane version of this bat which we also review.
What makes the CF7 better than the CF5/CF6?
If you’ve used the Demarini CF5 then the major difference you will notice in terms of improvements is the Paradox composite construction. This new construction is incredibly innovative and is both the hottest and largest sweetspot available.
Many fastpitch players love the 2014 version of the Demarini CF6. If you already own this bat though, should you consider trying out the new CF7? My advice is if you are happy and comfortable with the CF6 then stick with it. However, if the CF6 is near the end of its usefulness, I would highly recommend you take a peek at this one. Although it will feel very similar, you will still notice a huge difference in the way it swings and the little extra power could make all of the difference for your next season. If you loved the CF6 then I have no doubt that you will love the Demarini CF7 fastpitch bat even more.